Hey, how about a Christmas meme? I just found this online. Let me know if you plan to do it too, so I can check out your answers. (Edited to add: Thanks to Traci of Traci66, we can now read each other's answers more easily. Just add your meme URL to the linky over at her blog.)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I prefer cloth, but anything I can recycle around here...
2. Real tree or Artificial?
I'd prefer real, but that's not really an option where I am (except maybe for the ridiculously rich)
3. When do you put up the tree?
the start of December
4. When do you take the tree down?
sometime in April, hee... seriously, early January
5. Do you like eggnog?
only during the holidays
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I almost always got books. I love books, so...
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Dad - doesn't care about material stuff; Husband - has a very expensive wishlist in my assumption
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Sister - she hands out a wishlist and always makes sure there are small items you could get her
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope, but I think we should include this in our tradition
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It's hard for me to think of something I'd consider a bad gift... I mean, even if I suspect something to be recycled, I still feel that I was remembered, so no worries. I guess a bad gift would be something that encourages people to do "bad" things. Never got any.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I should say "It's a Wonderful Life" or something like that, but if I were honest, I'd say "While You Were Sleeping" or "The Holiday" (even "Home Alone", lol).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
If I'm ahead of schedule, December 23, hehe. I mostly give homemade.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I pass stuff on that I know somebody else would want (not as a gift though), like in the case of too many planners or Daily Bread devotionals... One Christmas, we received several copies of "A Purpose-driven Life"...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cheese... and holiday dessert (could be cookies, pie, cake...)
16. Lights on the tree?
Uh, yes please
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Love most of them, but I find "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" really catchy.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Probably not, but let's try... Dasher, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid ... I forget the rest. Does Rudolph count?
20. Angel on the tree-top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
In the morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
the mob and the traffic
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Blue usually looks nice, but we've never done that. We mostly stick to the red, green, silver and gold combo.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
ham (if we're not eating beef or pork that year, then rotisserie chicken) and cheese
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
the fulfillment of certain dreams...