I got Marguerite playsilks for her birthday (honestly, I feel off about adding the -s to make it plural, but that seems to be the norm in playsilk-playing cultures). I got 2 yards of white silk, cut them into four parts, hemmed them and today, Marguerite and I finally got ready to dye them. I wanted to use dye that was generally safe for Marguerite to play with, so I opted for food color. It was a fun process even if we only turned out pale shades (the yellow is practically non-existent). Marguerite naturally loved the soaking and stirring part. I might repeat the process to effect a more vibrant shade, but for now, we'll settle for pastels.
Also, while Marguerite was busy poking the playsilks with popsicle sticks, I thought this could be a good time to try a crown braid on her. It wasn't as neat as I'd want a braid to be (she may have been staying in one place, but she wasn't exactly keeping still), but I thought it was still a pretty look. Especially for someone who was staying home that day.